IMHE OpenIR  > 山地灾害与地表过程重点实验室
Assessment of landslide susceptibility using GIS-based evidential belief function in Patu Khola watershed, Dang, Nepal
Regmi, Amar Deep1,2; Poudel, Khagendra3
Corresponding AuthorRegmi, Amar Deep
2016
Source PublicationENVIRONMENTAL EARTH SCIENCES
ISSN1866-6280
EISSN1866-6299
Volume75Issue:9Pages:DOI: 10.1007/s12665-016-5562-0
SubtypeArticle
AbstractPatu Khola watershed lies in Dang Valley of West Nepal. The rocks belonging to the Precambrian Lesser Himalaya and the Miocene Siwalik cover the northern portion of the watershed, while the southern flat area is covered by the Quaternary river terraces. The basin is disrupted by two regional scale thrusts (Bhotechaur Thrust and Kapurkot Thrust) and several imbricate faults making it prone to instabilities. The river valley is heavily populated as the growing population has forced the people to dwell in such risky zone. Thus, it is very essential to develop a landslide hazard map of this basin. In this respect, we have used an evidential belief function (EBF) model in the GIS environment to know different landslide-susceptible zones in the watershed. For this, a landslide inventory map consisting of 279 different types of landslides was generated from the published topographic maps, aerial photograph, and Google Earth image interpretations and from the detailed filed survey. From the mapped landslides, 80 % were randomly selected for developing the model, and the remaining 20 % were used for validating the model. Twelve different landslide causative factors were considered for this study. Thus, from the analysis of the landslide data and factor maps, a susceptibility map of the region was obtained by using the EBF model. The map was evaluated using area under the curve (AUC) of success and prediction rate. The verification result showed that the model performed very well with the success rate of 85.13 %, and predictive accuracy is 86.42 %. The produced susceptibility map can be useful for general land-use planning, as well as it can provide information to the planners for the adaptation of appropriate mitigating measures for landside hazards in the Patu Khola watershed.
KeywordHimalaya Landslides Landslide Susceptibility Evidential Belief Function
WOS HeadingsScience & Technology ; Life Sciences & Biomedicine ; Physical Sciences
DOI10.1007/s12665-016-5562-0
WOS Subject ExtendedEnvironmental Sciences & Ecology ; Geology ; Water Resources
Indexed BySCI
WOS KeywordLOGISTIC-REGRESSION MODELS ; FREQUENCY RATIO ; TURKEY ; AREA ; PREDICTION ; HIMALAYA ; PHILIPPINES ; CATCHMENT ; RAINFALL ; ZONATION
Language英语
WOS SubjectEnvironmental Sciences ; Geosciences, Multidisciplinary ; Water Resources
WOS IDWOS:000376030100020
Funding OrganizationChinese Academy of Sciences Presidents International Fellowship Initiative(2015PEO23) ; Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST)
Citation statistics
Cited Times:6[WOS]   [WOS Record]     [Related Records in WOS]
Document Type期刊论文
Identifierhttp://ir.imde.ac.cn/handle/131551/17390
Collection山地灾害与地表过程重点实验室
Affiliation1.Chinese Acad Sci, Inst Mt Hazards & Environm, Key Lab Mt Hazards & Surface Proc, Chengdu 610044, Sichuan, Peoples R China
2.Nepal Acad Sci & Technol, Lalitpur, Nepal
3.Tribhuvan Univ, Cent Dept Geol, Kirtipur, Nepal
First Author Affilication中国科学院水利部成都山地灾害与环境研究所
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Regmi, Amar Deep,Poudel, Khagendra. Assessment of landslide susceptibility using GIS-based evidential belief function in Patu Khola watershed, Dang, Nepal[J]. ENVIRONMENTAL EARTH SCIENCES,2016,75(9):DOI: 10.1007/s12665-016-5562-0.
APA Regmi, Amar Deep,&Poudel, Khagendra.(2016).Assessment of landslide susceptibility using GIS-based evidential belief function in Patu Khola watershed, Dang, Nepal.ENVIRONMENTAL EARTH SCIENCES,75(9),DOI: 10.1007/s12665-016-5562-0.
MLA Regmi, Amar Deep,et al."Assessment of landslide susceptibility using GIS-based evidential belief function in Patu Khola watershed, Dang, Nepal".ENVIRONMENTAL EARTH SCIENCES 75.9(2016):DOI: 10.1007/s12665-016-5562-0.
Files in This Item:
File Name/Size DocType Version Access License
Assessment of landsl(6520KB)期刊论文作者接受稿开放获取CC BY-NC-SAView Application Full Text
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Poudel, Khagendra]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Poudel, Khagendra]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Poudel, Khagendra]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
File name: Assessment of landslide susceptibility using GIS-based evidential belief function in Patu Khola watershed, Dang, Nepal.pdf
Format: Adobe PDF
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.