IMHE OpenIR  > Journal of Mountain Science  > Journal of Mountain Science-2016  > Vol13 No.11
Landslide susceptibility assessment of the region affected by the 25 April 2015 Gorkha earthquake of Nepal
Regmi, Amar Deep1; Dhital, Megh Raj2; Zhang Jian-qiang1; Su Li-jun1; Chen Xiao-qing1
Corresponding AuthorAmar Deep Regmi
2016
Source PublicationJOURNAL OF MOUNTAIN SCIENCE
ISSN1672-6316
EISSN1993-0321
Volume13Issue:11Pages:1941-1957
SubtypeArticle
AbstractNepal was hit by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake on 25(th) April, 2015. The main shock and many large aftershocks generated a large number of coseismic landslips in central Nepal. We have developed a landslide susceptibility map of the affected region based on the coseismic landslides collected from remotely sensed data and fieldwork, using bivariate statistical model with different landslide causative factors. From the investigation, it is observed that most of the coseismic landslides are independent of previous landslides. Out of 3,716 mapped landslides, we used 80% of them to develop a susceptibility map and the remaining 20% were taken for validating the model. A total of 11 different landslide-influencing parameters were considered. These include slope gradient, slope aspect, plan curvature, elevation, relative relief, Peak Ground Acceleration (PGA), distance from epicenters of the mainshock and major aftershocks, lithology, distance of the landslide from the fault, fold, and drainage line. The success rate of 87.66% and the prediction rate of 86.87% indicate that the model is in good agreement between the developed susceptibility map and the existing landslides data. PGA, lithology, slope angle and elevation have played a major role in triggering the coseismic mass movements. This susceptibility map can be used for relocating the people in the affected regions as well as for future land development.
KeywordEarthquake Himalaya Coseismic Landslide Susceptibility Bivariate Statistical Model Nepal
WOS HeadingsScience & Technology ; Life Sciences & Biomedicine
DOI10.1007/s11629-015-3688-2
WOS Subject ExtendedEnvironmental Sciences & Ecology
Indexed BySCI
WOS KeywordANALYTICAL HIERARCHY PROCESS ; 2005 KASHMIR EARTHQUAKE ; PREFECTURE EARTHQUAKE ; SPATIAL-DISTRIBUTION ; FREQUENCY RATIO ; MID-NIIGATA ; TURKEY ; HAZARD ; CHINA ; JAPAN
Language英语
Quartile4区
TOP
WOS SubjectEnvironmental Sciences
WOS IDWOS:000387032600004
Funding OrganizationChinese Academy of Sciences Presidents International Fellowship Initiative(2015PEO23) ; External Cooperation Program of BIC, 15 Chinese Academy of Sciences(131551KYSB20150009) ; Chinese Academy of Sciences
Citation statistics
Cited Times:30[WOS]   [WOS Record]     [Related Records in WOS]
Document Type期刊论文
Identifierhttp://ir.imde.ac.cn/handle/131551/17610
CollectionJournal of Mountain Science_Journal of Mountain Science-2016_Vol13 No.11
山地灾害与地表过程重点实验室
Affiliation1.Chinese Acad Sci, Key Lab Mt Hazards & Earth Surface Proc, Inst Mt Hazards & Environm, Chengdu 610041, Peoples R China
2.Tribhuvan Univ, Cent Dept Geol, Kirtipur 44613, Nepal
First Author Affilication中国科学院水利部成都山地灾害与环境研究所
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Regmi, Amar Deep,Dhital, Megh Raj,Zhang Jian-qiang,et al. Landslide susceptibility assessment of the region affected by the 25 April 2015 Gorkha earthquake of Nepal[J]. JOURNAL OF MOUNTAIN SCIENCE,2016,13(11):1941-1957.
APA Regmi, Amar Deep,Dhital, Megh Raj,Zhang Jian-qiang,Su Li-jun,&Chen Xiao-qing.(2016).Landslide susceptibility assessment of the region affected by the 25 April 2015 Gorkha earthquake of Nepal.JOURNAL OF MOUNTAIN SCIENCE,13(11),1941-1957.
MLA Regmi, Amar Deep,et al."Landslide susceptibility assessment of the region affected by the 25 April 2015 Gorkha earthquake of Nepal".JOURNAL OF MOUNTAIN SCIENCE 13.11(2016):1941-1957.
Files in This Item:
File Name/Size DocType Version Access License
4.pdf(5410KB)期刊论文作者接受稿开放获取CC BY-NC-SAView Application Full Text
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Dhital, Megh Raj]'s Articles
[Zhang Jian-qiang]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Dhital, Megh Raj]'s Articles
[Zhang Jian-qiang]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Regmi, Amar Deep]'s Articles
[Dhital, Megh Raj]'s Articles
[Zhang Jian-qiang]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
File name: 4.pdf
Format: Adobe PDF
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.