IMHE OpenIR  > Journal of Mountain Science  > Journal of Mountain Science-2014  > Vol11 No.5
Landslide Susceptibility Mapping along Bhalubang –Shiwapur Area of Mid-Western Nepal Using Frequency Ratio and Conditional Probability Models
Amar Deep REGMI; Kohki YOSHIDA; Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI; Megh Raj DHITAL; Biswajeet PRADHAN
Corresponding AuthorAmar Deep REGMI
2014-09
Source PublicationJournal of Mountain Science
Volume11Issue:5Pages:1266-1285
Other AbstractRoads constructed in fragile Siwaliks are prone to large number of instabilities. Bhalubang–Shiwapur section of Mahendra Highway lying in Western Nepal is one of them. To understand the landslide causative factor and to predict future occurrence of the landslides, landslide susceptibility mapping (LSM) of this region was carried out using frequency ratio (FR) and weights-of-evidence (W of E) models. These models are easy to apply and give good results. For this, landslide inventory map of the area was prepared based on the aerial photo interpretation, from previously published/unpublished reposts, and detailed field survey using GPS. About 332 landslides were identified and mapped, among which 226 (70%) were randomly selected for model training and the remaining 106 (30%) were used for validation purpose. A spatial database was constructed from topographic, geological, and land cover maps. The reclassified maps based on the weight values of frequency ratio and weights-of-evidence were applied to get final susceptibility maps. The resultant landslide susceptibility maps were verified and compared with the training data, as well as with the validation data. From the analysis, it is seen that both the models were equally capable of predicting landslide susceptibility of the region (W of E model (success rate = 83.39%, prediction rate = 79.59%); FR model (success rate = 83.31%, prediction rate = 78.58%)). In addition, it was observed that the distance from highway and lithology, followed by distance from drainage, slope curvature, and slope gradient played major role in the formation of landsides. The landslide susceptibility maps thus produced can serve as basic tools for planners and engineers to carry out further development works in this landslide prone area.
KeywordLandslides Frequency Ratio Weights-of-evidence Gis Himalaya
Indexed BySCI
Document Type期刊论文
Identifierhttp://ir.imde.ac.cn/handle/131551/7254
CollectionJournal of Mountain Science_Journal of Mountain Science-2014_Vol11 No.5
Corresponding AuthorAmar Deep REGMI
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Amar Deep REGMI,Kohki YOSHIDA,Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI,等. Landslide Susceptibility Mapping along Bhalubang –Shiwapur Area of Mid-Western Nepal Using Frequency Ratio and Conditional Probability Models[J]. Journal of Mountain Science,2014,11(5):1266-1285.
APA Amar Deep REGMI,Kohki YOSHIDA,Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI,Megh Raj DHITAL,&Biswajeet PRADHAN.(2014).Landslide Susceptibility Mapping along Bhalubang –Shiwapur Area of Mid-Western Nepal Using Frequency Ratio and Conditional Probability Models.Journal of Mountain Science,11(5),1266-1285.
MLA Amar Deep REGMI,et al."Landslide Susceptibility Mapping along Bhalubang –Shiwapur Area of Mid-Western Nepal Using Frequency Ratio and Conditional Probability Models".Journal of Mountain Science 11.5(2014):1266-1285.
Files in This Item:
File Name/Size DocType Version Access License
Landslide Susceptibi(8854KB) 开放获取CC BY-NC-SAView Application Full Text
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Amar Deep REGMI]'s Articles
[Kohki YOSHIDA]'s Articles
[Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Amar Deep REGMI]'s Articles
[Kohki YOSHIDA]'s Articles
[Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Amar Deep REGMI]'s Articles
[Kohki YOSHIDA]'s Articles
[Hamid Reza POURGHASEMI]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
File name: Landslide Susceptibility Mapping along Bhalubang.pdf
Format: Adobe PDF
This file does not support browsing at this time
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.